Test your overlanding skills with this exciting 3-night, dual-site, curated off-road adventure experience running from the capital of Texas to the Gulf Coast. Camp one night at Plum Park on the Colorado then head onto Matagorda Bay Nature Park for the remaining two nights.
This all-inclusive expedition includes overland trailer rental (Overkill Camper SO 5-10) equipped with 3-person rooftop tent by FreeSpirit Recreation. Enjoy both freshwater and saltwater fishing, paddling through the Matagorda wetlands, and crawling for crabs in the evening. Finish the night under the stars and around a Solo Stove firepit enjoying all the magic the Texas Coast has to offer.
- Noon – Team lunch and trip briefing at The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que (Driftwood, TX)
- 2 pm – Depart for Campsite 6 @ Plum Park on The Colorado
- 4 pm – Camp setup
- 6 pm – Dinner on the Grill – Packit Gourmet (or similar)
- 6 am – Freshwater fishing experience (optional)
- 8 am – Breakfast at camp – Kickstarter Oats (or similar)
- 11 am – Break Camp, travel to Matagorda Bay
- 3 pm – Arrive at Matagorda Bay Nature Park, set up camp, beach walk
- 6 pm – Dinner on the beach – Packit Gourmet (or similar)
- 8 pm – Crab Crawl hosted by LCRA parks
- 8 am – Breakfast at camp – local fare
- 10 am – Saltwater Fishing experience (optional)
- 12 pm – Lunch
- 2 pm – Wetlands Kayak + Paddle experience led by LRCA parks
- 6 pm – Dinner at Camp – Steak Dinner
- 8 am – Breakfast
- 12-4 pm – Break camp, lunch on the road, return trailer to Adventure ATX HQ in Kyle, TX
Recommend group size 4-5 people (6 with kids).
Case of Rambler Sparkling Water, Yellow Bird Foods hot sauce, small batch-roasted coffee beans, and First Tracks Adventure ATX cap included. Evening (dinner) meals included with the package. Menu adjustments available upon request. Turtlebox speaker and Nomad grill rental + charcoal included with trip package.
No smoking or pets in trailers or tents please (some of our guests are allergic). Tow vehicle should be rated for gross trailer weight of 3000 lbs and tongue weight of 300 lbs. Campfires only allowed in designated fire rings or barbeque pits. Must adhere to burn bans declared by local authorities. Must be 25 or older to reserve.
Please call or text Drew at (210) 857-0339 with any questions or concerns.